The UC Irvine virtual International Food and Art festival is designed to increase international awareness and foster cross-cultural understanding across the UCI community through photos and videos of food and art. Check out the Gallery!
We invite UCI students, staff, and faculty as well as local businesses to submit photos and/or videos of cuisine (e.g. popular dishes, holiday treats, comfort food, etc.), cultural art forms (e.g. dances, rituals, conventions, etc.) or traditional items (e.g. fashion, musical instruments, things around the house, etc.) to showcase a piece of their culture.
Submissions are currently being accepted through November 30 and will be posted in our public Gallery now through December 18, 2020.
This event is sponsored by the UCI Study Abroad Center and UCI Office of Global Engagement and is part of the International Education Week (November 16-20, 2020).
General Submission Requirements:
- You must be logged into a Facebook or a Google account OR create a Submittable account in order to access the submission form.
- You can include up to 5 photos/videos total per submission.
- Photos can be of any size, preferably high quality.
- Videos are recommended to be under 5 minutes, filmed in landscape orientation (horizontally) in high quality, with good lighting, minimal background noise, and stability (no shakiness).
- The photos and videos you submit MUST be taken by you or your organization.
- Food submissions must be of food, snacks, or drinks.
- Art submissions can be anything from cultural items, traditional garments, folk music/instruments, to performance arts, landmarks, and architecture.
ALL SUBMISSIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CONTENT REVIEW.
Submissions will be published on a rolling basis once they are approved by the review committee.
Submission Deadline: Monday, November 30 at 11:59 PM.
Submission Approval & Posting Process:
- You will receive a confirmation that your submission was received via email and in your Submittable account.
- The committee will be reviewing submissions on a rolling basis.
- If your submission has been approved, you will receive a notice of approval via email and in your Submittable account.
- If your submission is not approved, you will receive a request to modify your submission via email and in your Submittable account.
- All approved submissions will be posted on the Gallery.
- Gallery is open from November 16 - December 18. (Last day to make submissions is Monday, November 30.)
If you have any questions or issues with this form, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.